Whew! That post title is a mouthful.
33…this is not a grand birthday. Not like 18, 21, or 30 were! My husband is turning 35 this year. Funny thing about 35…I remember when my parents turned 35! I am not afraid of getting older or regretting not doing something in my life, but I am definitely settling in to a time in my life where I realize that I need to be living in the now and not constantly looking for the next best thing…the next best job, the next best house, the next best anything. At the same time, I still have many goals and expectations for myself and of course they include lots of travel!
I was thinking about how this year is going to be a fun year in travel. Even though we don’t have a lot of specific trips planned, we do plan to travel a lot! My youngest is reaching that age where she is beginning to remember lots of stuff that we do and is enjoying traveling and “adventures” as much as the rest of the family.
That is why I decided to start a list of things I wanted to do this year. I have a “bucket list” in my head, but this is just what I would like to accomplish this year! Who knows if I will finish everything on this list but I am going to certainly try!
1. See the Northern Lights.
2. Watch my kids learn how to ski.
3. Put our toes back in the Atlantic Ocean.
4. Visit some Florida destinations like Anna Maria Island and Sanibel that we have skipped even though we live here!
5. Put more stamps on our Florida State Park Passport.
6. Go on a Girl’s Weekend to New York City.
7. Spend more time on Pensacola Beach.
8. Head back to New Orleans for some beignets to celebrate our anniversary.
9. Take the kids to Hawaii next summer…or maybe not. Either way, Daddy J and I want to return!
10. Try five new foods that I previously was scared to try.
11. Be confident and anxiety free about roadtripping on my own with both kids, which I will be doing in June.
12. Try five new parks in Pensacola that we haven’t been to yet because they are either too far away or we just stick to the same old parks.
13. Head back to all of the amazing German Christmas Markets and visit a few new ones.
14. Renew my son’s passport!!! Ack! We let the passport expire and we need to get it taken care of soon!
15. Visit a few cities that are within a day’s drive but we always decide to go somewhere else. They include:
16. Huntsville, Alabama to see the Space Center and caves (thanks to @theqfamily!)
17. Atlanta, GA
18. Go camping at least three times at new campsites.
19. Take a day trip to Orange Beach to ride the Ferris Wheel.
20. Wander the shops and restaurants of Fairhope, Alabama.
21. See the Christmas lights at Bellingrath Gardens this year (last year I broke my foot right before we were going to go).
22. Continue to work on my book and actually get some entries finished.
23. Grow my Pensacola with Kids website and continue to find new and inexpensive activities.
24. Create an editorial calendar for Two Kids and a Map and actually stick to it.
25. Get published in a magazine (online or print) and continue to write guest posts.
26. Visit Verona, Italy.
27. Head to Denver for an extended weekend if the timing works out.
28. Take a ride on an ice breaker.
29. Take the kids to Disneyworld and visit Harry Potter at Universal Orlando for the weekend.
30. Accompany the husband on a business trip!
31. Visit Legoland Florida when it opens.
32. Ride a gondola in Venice.
33. Savor the moment but remember to take more pictures!
What are you dreaming about this week? Stop by Mara at Mother of All Trips and read about fulfilling her own dreams and see other Monday dreams!
**Funny for the day…I just wrote this post titled 32 Things…then I remembered that I was turning 33!