*I was given admission to the Denver Flea and a $20 gift card to facilitate this review. All opinions are mine and mine alone. Rest assured, I spent well over $20.
From December 3rd to the 6th, the old Denver Post Production Facilities will be transformed into a holiday shopping wonderland. The warehouse will be filled with rows and rows of makers and retailers who “cultivate the Colorado lifestyle” and you won’t know where to begin.
I was able to go tonight to attend the Ultimate Shopping Experience. My family and I love supporting local businesses whenever we can. Before attending the Denver Holiday Flea, I looked through the list of vendors and retailers. I was excited to see some that I recognized and many that I couldn’t wait to check out.
You know how sometimes you go to the maker fair and it is just booth after booth of the same stuff? This is not that maker fair. Every single booth was different and I wanted to buy something from every one of them. What sorts of things will you see at the Denver Flea?
This was the find of the night for me. It is framed in reclaimed barn wood and I just adore this picture. The only thing that would make it better would be if it said Ski Winter Park. When we were in Winter Park a couple of weeks ago, I saw this picture but it was much larger and pretty expensive so I decided to pass on it. When I saw it tonight, I had to have it. I know exactly where it is going to go.
I have been following Helliemae’s Caramels on Instagram pretty much since I arrived in Denver but I haven’t had a chance to try their caramels. Oh. my. The Sea Salt Caramel? Just try one and try to walk away from the table without making a purchase.
I picked up a couple of Christmas gifts at the Naked Goat Farm so I can’t tell you what I got but if you love handmade soaps, lotions, balms, and scrubs, you will love this place. They also sell delicious jams.
I leave you with the t-shirt I wanted to get but they were out of my size. So Gnar has created a t-shirt that states exactly how I feel about this fine city of Denver. I am always telling people that Denver is my happiest place on Earth. I will be searching for this one online.
Tips for shopping the Denver Holiday Flea:
- Do a lap around the entire place so that you can get your bearings. Take note of your favorite things and then go back and pick them up when you know what you really want.
- Try the spiked cider. But, only if you aren’t driving. It is crazy strong.
- Bring cash to help support small businesses. Those credit card fees can eat up a small businesses profits and if it doesn’t, the fees are usually transferred to you somehow.
- Bring your jacket inside with you. I left mine in the car and it is cold in there!
- Don’t forget to visit the food trucks and grab something to eat.